Wednesday, December 10, 2008

20081205150111

There comes a point in your life, when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, you’re old enough to vote, drink and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious, a grown-up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up?

What will my life be in 10 years time? My future is so bleak. What if I couldn't make it to a University? I'll graduate from Temasek Polytechnic in 2010 with a mediocre Diploma. What do I have to make myself stand out in job interviews? Nothing! At the age of 28, it is most ideal to settle down with your partner, but will I? I cannot tolerate committment; I have issues. What will I be doing then? Still bumming around, playing? I've been single for God-knows-how-long and I really am enjoying it. But I am so afraid, that it'll become a habit. Too comfortable with I, Me and Mine, forgetting how it feels like to be We, He and Us.

Compared to my sister, her life is so organised. With a Degree in hand, a stable job and relationship, what am I compared to her? I have none of what she has. I feel so incompetent.

Like what many would say, "don't think so far, just take it as it comes", but we are living for the future aren't we? Everything we do now is for the future, like a foundation. Ever since we were born, our life is already pretty much planned. How many years of education and stuff like that, they are already decided and we have no say in it.

Then again, I'm still young. I should be enjoying my life, but at the same time, work hard for my so-called 'future'. So now, I'm going to hit the books. And after my paper on Thursday, I'm going to make my December Break a blast! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment