Thursday, November 20, 2008

This girl makes the BUZZ!

I am off for a short nap before watching my teevee from 1900 to 2300, then mug for my tomorrow's Comm Skills test. Oh yea, Kyle featured me in his article. Read on...

Hello, fellow Business students!
Want to know what gives TP’s Diploma in Business the “X” factor? Well, it’s enthusiastic and bubbly students such as Jasmine Low that makes the Diploma and even the whole Business School tick!

This 18 year old TP student who reigns from St. Hilda’s Secondary School, comments that being a student of TP has contributed greatly to her overall wellbeing and character development.

We all have to agree that it is very important for businessmen to have a wide social network and establish strong relationships in order to climb the corporate ladder. This is exactly what Jasmine has been doing over the years. “I feel that TP, its Business School in particular, has a very vibrant community,” says the second year Diploma in Business student. From this community, Jasmine has made an abundant amount of friends. She still keeps in contact with her previous schools’ peers and even has acquaintances that reach out to the Design, Engineering and Applied Science faculties of TP.

Another quality of this bright young personality is her discipline. Her GPA, standing above the 3.5 mark is highly sought after. “I normally dedicate weekdays to schoolwork and studies and spend time out with family and friends on weekends. That way, I can enjoy good grades as well as “bonding” time!”

Since her secondary school days, Jasmine had been actively undertaking co-curricular activities (CCAs) such as volleyball and badminton. Now, she has joined floorball as well as the Business Studies Club and even has her very own personalized purple coloured floorball stick! “I feel that it's important to join a CCA. I can keep fit this way. It also helps to take a load of stress off my chest when I am enjoying myself during training. As for the colour, you have to feel good about what you are playing with!” she laughs rather hysterically after.

Seeing how this outgoing juvenile is like, one might project her to be a party animal. Surprisingly, Jasmine is quite the family minded sort. Nowadays, the youth of Singapore spend more and more time away from home and get increasingly distant from their family at home. “As for me, I make it a point to eat dinner as a family almost every day. I’m also a goody two shoes! I don’t drink or club and I definitely don’t do drugs!”

However, out of everything, this girl appreciates her youth the most. “I hate that we’re getting older each year. I want to stay 18 and live in fascination!” she says, smiling sheepishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment